Monday, August 2, 2010

Franken-castle, franken-albums


I remember being very excited about these things when I heard about them, but feel a little let down by both. I think the most exciting thing was actually just the anticipation. So if you haven't read/heard these things, anticipate away, but be forewarned.

Franken-Castle is what Marvel decided to do with The Punisher. One of the best survivors in the comic book universe, especially considering his lack of powers, finally bit off more than he could chew. Wolverine's son killed him after The Punisher started going after Norman Osborn (the former Green Goblin who went on to become the president's #1 internal security guy). The issue where he fights Wolverine's son and dies eventually was pretty awesome. But they didn't recover his body! Monsters decide to reanimate him!

This was pretty controversial amongst comic book nerds. I just thought it was awesome, as I'd become really bored by The Punisher's character lately. I still think it's an exciting idea, but I can't say I was blown away by the first story arc. They got my attention for a while longer though. This is boom or bust. Here's a link to where someone's uploaded the arc from his death to inaugural franken-triumph.

Download Franken-Castle


500 Days Of Weezy


I saw this on Cheese On Toast the other day. I've only listened a couple of times. Thought it would be the perfect combination of swooning music and Lil Wayne. Don't find many of the mash ups very successful though.

Mushababy rules, mostly because the chord progression of Feist's Mushabloom translates into a Dr Carter styled hip hop loop amazingly, plus Please, Hustler, Please is swell. But I imagined Lollipop being looped with Hall and Oates would make me feel like a million bucks but it's just really, really annoying.

Download 500 Days of Weezy (or save yourself the disc space and just stream)

On a 500 Days Of Summer/Zooey note. It also breaks my heart to say that She & Him is entirely forgettable. Have total crushes on Zooey and M.Ward, but I just don't feel anything when I listen to you together.




No comments:

Post a Comment